Splunk Search

How do I create an alarm if a value stored in a CSV changes?

josedgaravito

Hi, I have a CSV file with the following structure:

NAME             DiskSerial                 ProcSerial                  MachineSerial
PC-ID-0007  null                                 BFEBFBFF000306F2             MJ044SGB
PC-ID-0088  WD-WX11DC7JHUV0                   BFEBFBFF000306F2             MJ044SH9
PC-ID-5177  NA8GAPCF                              BFEBFBFF000306F2              58Y0KB2

I need to create a search to identify if any of the series that have been stored change.

taking into account the last event that enters the indexer.

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

you have to have one common or 'key' field, for example can NAME field be treated as a key field?
So, say for PC-ID-007 if another entry is logged AND any of the remaining 3 fields have a different value, you need to identify that?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...