Splunk Search

How can I display just the prediction (future) in a chart ?

henriq_c
Explorer

I'm doing a chart where i want to predict the disk space for the month after and I have this :
.... predict C as "Prediction of C" algorithm=LLP5

(i put a span of 1m of the timechart)

1) I don't know how to do display just the future and not the past of the prediction (_time <= now())
2) And how to predict 1 month later ?
3) don't work with where 😕
4) If I pick in the time picker an anterior date, i want that my chart don't take the 'predict' in count and just display the chart without prediction

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

hello there,

many questions in one so lets start:
1. try this search anywhere:

| gentimes start="01/01/2018:00:00:00" end="12/31/2018:23:59:59" increment=10m
    | eval _time = starttime 
    | eval random_value = random()%10000
    | timechart span=1h min(random_value) as value
    | predict value algorithm=LLP5 period=2
    | search _time > 1546300799

maybe narrow down the time as it can get heavy. you can see in the viz tab that only events after 12/31/2018
also play a Lillie with the integers for span= and period=
2. predicting to the future depends on how far back you are looking and on the period and future_timespan attributes
read here more: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.4/SearchReference/Predict
3. the where worked fine for me, see screenshot, try and substitute the search in the last line of code to where
4. i don't understand the requirement here, maybe open another question or elaborate?

screenshot

alt text

hope it helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...