Splunk Search

Finding Status in Transaction

Mubarish
Path Finder

Hi
I have a set of logs over which the transaction command is applied for SessionID and some fields are extracted .Below is the sample result.

FileName StatusCode
814xxx
Setxxxx.csv
814xxx
xxx.ZIP.asc
xxx.ZIP.asc
xxx.ZIP.asc
814xxx

The Status will be FAILURE if any of the StatusCode value for a particular SessionID have non Zero value otherwise Status will be COMPLETED

The expected output is

FileName StatusCode StatusCode
814xxx
Setxxxx.csv
COMPLETED
814xxx
xxx.ZIP.asc
FAILURE
xxx.ZIP.asc
xxx.ZIP.asc
814xxx
0 COMPLETED

How can i do this?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You can try any of these

Your base search | eval StatusCode=if(StatusCode=0,"COMPLETED","FAILURE") | your transaction command | eval StatusCode=if(mvcount(StatusCode)=2,"FAILURE",StatusCode)

Your search with transaction command | eventstats sum(StatusCode) as AggrStatusCode by SessionID | eval StatusCode=if(AggrStatusCode=0,"COMPLETED","FAILURE")

jimodonald
Contributor

Could you sum the StatusCode and use an IF statement to identify the FAILURE/COMPLETED ?

i.e.

...  | stats sum(StatusCode) by SessionID | eval StatusCode=if(StatusCode==0,"COMPLETED","FAILURE") ...

strive
Influencer

Pipe the transaction results and use the eval command

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...