Splunk Search

Event log cannot be fully displayed in Field Extractor

LuiesCui
Communicator

Hey fellow Splunker's. I'm trying to extract some fields from Windows event logs. When I search these logs the content looks great: alt text

But when I want to extract more fields, some of the content just disappear in Field Extractor:
alt text
So I can't get those fields extracted. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

damann
Communicator

The built in field extractor could work but why don't you build your regex from scratch?
www.regex101.com will help and explain you a lot!

If you provide an example event and describe what you want to have extracted I'm sure that i can help you with that.

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Did you try setting CHARSET = UTF-16 in your props.conf?

Skalli

0 Karma

LuiesCui
Communicator

Hi Skalli, thanks for you reply. I put CHARSET = UTF-16 to the props.conf in my app and still don't see the rest of the content.

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

I believe the splunk's extractor only loads certain number of chars/events.. Have you loaded your event to rex101 [ https://regex101.com/] and tried to extract your required fields?

Another option, would be to setup the universal forwarder to collect the data in XML renderXml=true [ if that's acceptable in your case, as it will show everything in english]

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...