Splunk Search

Does anybody have any idea how to make values appear in a line chart while hovering on it?

manijain

For example i have the below search

eval Time_To_Map=strftime(strptime(STATUS_TIME,"%Y-%m-%d-%H.%M.%S.%3N"),"%H.%M") | stats values(Time_To_Map) as TME by COB_DATE,VSNAME,SLICEKEY 

Now, I want a chart that has X axis as COB_DATE and Y axis as TME , and as I hover through the chart, the value of VSNAME,SLICEKEY should appear

Values for COB_DATE are YYYYMMDD
Values of TME are HH.MM
Values of VSNAME,SLICEKEY are strings

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@manijain you would need Simple XML JS extension (possibly CSS extension as well) to do this. Refer to @jeffland 's solution: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/337329/is-it-possible-to-show-a-custom-tooltip-whenever-a.html

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...