Splunk Search

Disabling "Click Selection" on search results

asf_stripe
Explorer

Under "Format", there's a setting for "Click Selection". I remember that in Splunk 6, I could set that to "None" (or the moral equivalent at the time), which I did way-back-when.

Now that our installation is running Splunk 8, I was noticing that my colleagues got this highlighting behavior that I promptly tried out, trying to set Click Selection to "Full", "Inner" and "Outer". Unfortunately, none of these settings work well for me and I'd love to disable the setting again. Is that possible anymore?

Attached is a screenshot of the three selection options I see. I could swear there was a "none" or "off" there in earlier versions. We're running Splunk Enterprise 8.0.1, build 6db836e2fb9e.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Which visualization are you using?

Tried with table or list and it looks fine

Splunk Enterprise
Version:8.0.1Build:6db836e2fb9e

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

asf_stripe
Explorer

This is for ad-hoc searches, in the "List" view.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...