Splunk Search

Date difference in months

vinihei_987

on my search

index=raw_fe5_autsust Aplicacao=HUB Endpoint="*/"
| eval RefUser=if(Mes!="", Mes, substr("0" + tostring((tonumber(strftime(_time, "%m"))-1)), -2) + "-" + strftime(_time, "%Y"))
| eval RefUser = strptime(RefUser,"%Y/%m")
| eval RefAtual = relative_time(-time, "-1mon")

I need to get the difference between RefUser and RefAtual in months and count by this diff

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

One thing to note is that the strptime does not work with just a month and year, it needs a day value as well. ref: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SCS/current/SearchReference/DateandTimeFunctions

If the RegUser string has only a year and month, you could format it to include the day 01. E.g.

| eval RefUser = RefUser+"/01"
| eval RefUser = strptime(RefUser,"%Y/%m/%d")

For the RefAtual, I assume you are taking 1 month earlier than the current _time value:

| eval RefAtual = relative_time(_time, "-1mon")

Once you have these two timestamps in unixtime format, then you can take the absolute difference between them, and divide by the number of seconds in a month (assuming 30 days in a month, that is 60*60*24*30). Then set the number of digits to round to

| eval months_between = abs(RefAtual - refUser) / (60*60*24*30)
| eval months_between = round(months_between,1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...