Splunk Search

Datamodel autoextractSearch

hank72
Path Finder

Hi community,

When using datamodels, is it possible to remove/exclude the portion of the autoextractSearch: | search (index=* OR index=_*) 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @hank72,

sorry but what's the issue?

in this way, you're sure that all the indexes are used to populate Data Models even if they aren't in the the default search path.

Anyway, if you want to limit the indexes used in one or all Data Models (I don't understand why!), you can modify the macro used in the contrains of each Data Model.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

hank72
Path Finder

@gcusello, Thank you for your response.  No issue "yet", just trying to think this through. 

If Workload Management's Admission Rules are set to not allow index=*, will this break any/all DMs that use the autoextractSearch (index=* OR index=_*) 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @hank72.,

As I said, in this way your are sure to load into the Data Models all the data from al indexes even if they aren't in the default search path.

If you want, youculd limit the indexes to read for each Data model, but there's no reason to do this, so my hint is to leave it as it is.

let us know if we can help you more, or, please, accept one answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated by all the contributors 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...