Splunk Search

Comparing differences in the same field depending on the row grouping field

jo54
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I'll try to explain it with a basic example. As an output of a stats command I have:

detectionquery
search1
google.com
yahoo.com
search2
google.com
bing.com

I want to get which queries are not being detected by both search1 and search 2. Or else, getting rid of the queries that are in both searches, either way work. Like ok, search1 is detecting yahoo.com whereas search2 isn't, and viceversa with bing.com

I thought about grouping by query instead of by search,  the problem is I have dozens or even hundreds of queries.

Any thoughts? Cheers

Labels (2)
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

You could stats count by query. Queries that are found by both detections will have count=2, while queries that are found by only one will have count=1. Then you can filter for count=1 to remove the hundreds of queries that are found by both detections.

| stats count by query
| where count = 1

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| stats count by query
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...