Splunk Search

Comparing current hour to previous day's hour.

philgopaul

index=XYZ trunkgroup| stats count(_raw) as Total_Calls, count(eval(Sip_Resp=="200")) as Completed_Calls by OTG
| search Total_Calls>500 | eval Completion_Percentage= (Completed_Calls/Total_Calls * 100)|eval Completion_Percentage=round(Completion_Percentage,2)

Hello,

I have this simple query that provides total amount of calls, how many were completed, and the completion percentage.

I would like to add to this query where I compare it to the previous day at the same hour.

I would like this query to be dynamic where it is always comparing the previous day's hour.

What can I append to this search query that will show me the data yesterday at the same hour?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

try this:
this evaluates the count on the delivered _audit index for today's current hour vs yesterday's current hour.If this is what you need, merely replace your index etc. the stuff from timechart onwards remains the same

index="_audit" |timechart span=1h count | timewrap 1day|eval flg=strftime(now(),"%H")|eval mrkr=strftime(_time,"%H")|where mrkr=flg
0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

hi @philgopaul - Did this resolve your issue?

0 Karma

philgopaul

No, this is not helpful. Cannot get query to work with that suggestion

0 Karma

philgopaul

I cannot get that query to work w/ timechart command. I prefer to use stats command.

I am still not understanding how to compare data to previous hour.

I have this query which is similar to original post.

index=XYZ |stats count(_raw) as Total,
count(eval(txnStatus=="ok")) as
Success,
count(eval(txnStatus=="cc_fail")) as
"Failed" |eval Comp_Percentage=
(Success/Total * 100)|eval
Comp_Percentage=round(Comp_Percentage,2)

How do I add a count to that query where I am looking at previous day at the same hour?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...