Splunk Search

Associating fields across events

999chris

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could answer my query:

I have the following:

index=ateme status=* | eval progress=if(status=="complete",100,progress) | stats latest(status) as Status, latest(progress) as Progress by jobId

Which creates a table I need. However the "jobId" field needs to be cross referenced with another field in a different event entry which would give me a filename and I would like to replace the jobId column with the filename associated with that jobId.

Does that make sense?

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

If the event that has the Filename also has the jobid, you can try this. If it doesn't you have to provide some samples

index=ateme status=* | eventstats values(filename) as filename by jobId | eval progress=if(status=="complete",100,progress) | stats latest(status) as Status, latest(progress) as Progress by filename 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...