Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Where can I find a Buttercup store service tree sample?

majbo
Explorer

Hi,

I need to have buttercup store service tree on my local ITSI for test purpose! 

Anyone can hep me where can I find "buttercup store" service tree sample (like attached image) to create on ITSI?
OR

Is there any search query to build it?

Thanks,

Majbo

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

skramp
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Afaik there is no possibility to export it. In the background values are generated as you might have seen.
Why do you need exactly this tree with this KPIs? Why can’t you build your own one? Maybe wich fits better to your usecase? Most effective is to think in business services like “purchase service”, “central services for POS” or if you prefere a technical service like “communication services”. Then you have to think about, which other services depend to them, how they can be measured, how can a normal state be defined and so on. Don’t try do display a wire map of servers or switches. Even a firewall isn’t a service, it’s service is something like “internet connectivity for websites”, but this is a service which is very deep in a dependency tree.

View solution in original post

skramp
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Afaik there is no possibility to export it. In the background values are generated as you might have seen.
Why do you need exactly this tree with this KPIs? Why can’t you build your own one? Maybe wich fits better to your usecase? Most effective is to think in business services like “purchase service”, “central services for POS” or if you prefere a technical service like “communication services”. Then you have to think about, which other services depend to them, how they can be measured, how can a normal state be defined and so on. Don’t try do display a wire map of servers or switches. Even a firewall isn’t a service, it’s service is something like “internet connectivity for websites”, but this is a service which is very deep in a dependency tree.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...