Splunk IT Service Intelligence

How itsi_notable_event_external_ticket lookup is being updated?

vsskishore
Explorer

We have enabled Bidirectional correlation search for Service now in our ITSI, unfortunately  itsi_notable_event_external_ticket  lookup is not updating proper values. I couldn't find the saved search which is used to update the lookup to troubleshoot further.
Can some one tell me how itsi_notable_event_external_ticket lookup is being updated ?

0 Karma

michael_bates_1
Path Finder

The lookup itsi_notable_event_external_ticket is updated when ITSI creates the external ticket.
If you search the audit records

`itsi_notable_audit_index` sourcetype=itsi_notable:audit

you will should, if the NEAP is creating the ticket, see events with fields like

action_namesnow_incident
   activityAction="snow_incident" executed.
   activity_typeAction Executed for Episode.

One of the fields is the search_command. Towards the end of the string you should see something like

sendalert "itsi_event_action_snow_wrapper" (I am using ServiceNow)

It is this alert wrapper that raises the ticket with SNOW, and updates the kvstore lookup with the returned values.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...