Splunk Enterprise

Why is ELB over search head cluster via REST API not mantaining stickiness?

Zerothlaw
Loves-to-Learn

Hi everyone

We are currently facing an issue using a load balancer with a search head cluster. This is an Elastic Load Balancer in AWS and we can't use the Load Balancer cookie, has to be an application cookie. I have seen this issue before and seen people fix it by using the cookie session_id_PORTNUMBER, but our deployment doesn't need the user to connect to splunk web, it' just a service connecting through the ELB to the rest Api in port 8090(Had to change from default 8089). I have also tried splunkd_443 to no avail.

The problem is that the ELB is throwing the petitions for login and for getjobs to different servers.

Zerothlaw_0-1690205137767.png

Is there any other application cookie I could use? This is for splunk 9.0.4

Thanks everyone!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

you could set sticky session with ALB. So switch ELB to ALB, then it should work with sticky session enabled.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...