Splunk Enterprise

Why am I getting "Winsock error 10055" uploading a log file to Splunk Light?

mm977g
Explorer

I'm investigating the use of Splunk and was attempting to upload a log file, but received the error: Winsock error 10055. Tried the suggested solution of the registry change, but that did not help. The log file is local to my desktop where I am also running Splunk Light. All the other types of log files that I've tried to upload worked fine, but not this one type. Any ideas?

0 Karma

mm977g
Explorer
0 Karma

NERCCU

I'm also having this problem. What was the suggested registry fix?

0 Karma

mm977g
Explorer

Ok, I'm a knucklehead - I placed the registry entry under tcpip/parameters instead at tcpip. Rebooted but it is still having issues. I uploaded one file and then it simply hung. Came back in and tried another file of the same type and got the winsock error 10055 again.

This is what I see in the splunkd.log:
06-01-2015 10:24:50.397 -0400 ERROR HttpClientRequest - HTTP client error: Winsock error 10055 (while accessing http://127.0.0.1:8065/en-US/splunkd/__upload/indexing/preview?output_mode=json&props.NO_BINARY_CHECK...)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...