Splunk Enterprise

Check what URLs are called

cramery

New to Splunk, so a bit of a basic question

I need to have a list of all URLs that are called by the User on the PC Splunk is running on. It doesnt matter if all URLs or called by a specific application. How can I implement this to Splunk?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you have data in an index such as weblogs, you would do a search such as
index=weblogs sourcetype=access_combined OR sourcetype=iis | eval full_path=uri_domain.uri_path| stats values(full_path) by user

0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you referring to Splunk URLs? For example, https://localhost:8000/en-US/app/search/search and https://localhost:8000/en-US/app/search/search?q=search%20index%3D*&sid=1552910209.54&display.page.s...

If so, you can run a query such as
index=_internal sourcetype=splunk_web_access | stats count by uri

0 Karma

cramery

I'm trying to get a list in Splunk when, which user called what URL ond any Website (like google.com in Google Chrome), same way as I can see all Applications called by the user.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Do you mean URLs internal to Splunk or a client/server with Splunk Forwarder which is trying to access external URLs?

cramery

Actually I'm just trying to get a list in Splunk when, which user called what URL ond any Website (like google.com in Google Chrome), same way as I can see all Applications called by the user

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...