Splunk Enterprise

Apps

whitecat001
Explorer

Hello

I tried to change a Custom App name (e.g BRB_App to CAA_App) on the Deployer through the Cli but i realize that the name change only affects the Folder name not the name of the App when i checked the UI. Is there a way to effect that change to affect the Name of the custom App and not just the folder name 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

First things first - you're talking about deployer. Do you indeed have your apps on the search-head cluster deployer or maybe you meant the deployment server?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Every apps has app.conf file under <app>/default. There is defined app's name and some other parameters. You must change those in this file. Then the name of app will changed on your GUI too.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

whitecat001
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, thats what i thought but am not seeing any configuration in the app.conf file under the app folder. Do i need to add those config myself or find another way to go about it 

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...