Splunk Enterprise Security

threat intelligence

mohad
Loves-to-Learn

I am subscribed to a 3rd party threat intelligence called Group-IB.  I have the Group-IBapp for splunk installed on my search head. 

My question is in regards to tuning as I have done very little to none. Should I expect that the threat intelligence that is streaming in is being ran against the events in my environment automatically? Assuming the threat intelligence is CIM compliant, should I expect that my Enterprise Security will make a notable event if there is a match?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

aholzel
Communicator

Should I expect that the threat intelligence that is streaming in is being ran against the events in my environment automatically? 

I would not expect that, most vendors don't intergrade with the Splunk ES threat intel framework they just make the TI data available in Splunk via a lookup file or by putting it in a index. If you want to be sure the TI info is flowing into the threat intel framework I suggest you add the data there either by revering to the app created lookup (if any), by creating your own lookup from the indexed data or by adding a TAXII/STIX feed.

See for more info:
Splunk Latern 
Splunk Docs  

mohad
Loves-to-Learn

thank you for your help

can you help in how to create  my own lookup from the indexed IT

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...