Splunk Enterprise Security

Restrictions filter - Role restrict search

hugohctint
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I created a Role with the following restriction:

1- origen::chile OR ( index::_audit AND user="secchi")

But still can see the data models with any origen. I can filter a data model in search and reporting like this: 

2- | datamodel "Authentication"   search | search Authentication.origen="chile"

But a don't know how to combine the 1 and 2 into one single restriction to include it into the Role restrict search. Any ideas?

Thank you 

0 Karma

hugohctint
Loves-to-Learn Lots

The key here is to only get event data with origen="chile" and datamodel Authentication with values Authentication.origen="chile" when the user "chile" logs in. The place that is the most obvios to do this is at the Role setting Role->Restrictions

From what I see, the SPL you wrote there is no filtering both.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

I see, That's true.
Because  where needs to be written by you.

I used append to show the two logs and then selfjoin them together.
If There is the row that has Authentication.origen field, it should be kept.

0 Karma

hugohctint
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thanks for responding. It does not seem to work. Could you please explain the logic?

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Did you try? What are the query and result? I don't have any information at all, so that's all I can do.

Please look up the meaning of spl.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

append and | eval origen=coalesce(origen,Authentication.origen) | selfjoin origen | where as_you_like

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...