Splunk Enterprise Security

Notables are not getting created

saurabhsumangat

This is a totally weird situation.

I have few correlation searches for which notables are suppose to be generated for SOC monitoring.

On security posture, i have SOC dashboard, whoch displays the searches

| es_notable_events|search timeDiff_type=current | chart count over name by status

here it shows total notables created as new and assigned.
Since sunday this is giving me weird results. It shows some random numbers on the dashboard but when i drill down it gives, "Search did not return any events."

when i run index=notables, i can see all the notables are getting generated however same is not getting in the lookup file "es_notable_events"

can someone help with the troubleshooting steps?

also, i could see the number displayed over security posture and total count i get when drill down are totally different.

Request some expert advise.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...