Splunk Dev

sending email with search

yashaswinig2210
Engager

Hi,

I have a query which sends email based on the result and is scheduled for every 5mins.Below is the search

|mysearch | table Owner, AccountName,Machine
| outputcsv Account.csv
| map search="
       |inputcsv Account.csv
       | table Owner, AccountName,Machine|where Owner=\"$Owner$\"
       |sendemail
       sendresults=true inline=true
       from=\"abc@gmail.com\"
       to=\"$Owner$\"     
       subject=\"$AccountName$ \""

this is sending email to the owner every 5mins , my want is the email should be triggered to owner only when it is not triggered in last 24hrs even it is scheduled for 5mins based on the AccountName. 

can we use throttling in this case or Could you please provide me a solution.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, use throttling.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

yashaswinig2210
Engager

Could you please tell how can we give throttling and suppression values within the query as the mail is being triggered from the query itself

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ah, sorry, I thought we were talking about alerts.  There is no throttling within search.  Perhaps you could convert this into an alert?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

yashaswinig2210
Engager

In this case my email should be sent to the owner of the account which im getting from the query itself, is there any way to pass field value from the query to send an email from alerts?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...