Splunk Dev

Which Network Interface is splunk using for send data?

aojie654
Path Finder

Hi, splunkers:

At few days ago I've been asked that which network interface is splunk using for forwarder send data to indexer?
The scenario is my customer told me that their splunk is sending data via the produce env. IP just like 10.216.3.9, but splunk should use IP 10.216.2.10 for that will be more safe and they can manage them with more convenience.

Any idea for this? Thx!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@aojie654,

By default, Splunk will bind to all available IP addresses. You can bind splunkd process to specific IP by configuring SPLUNK_BINDIP in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/splunk-launch.conf .

Reference : Bind Splunk to an IP

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@aojie654,

By default, Splunk will bind to all available IP addresses. You can bind splunkd process to specific IP by configuring SPLUNK_BINDIP in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/splunk-launch.conf .

Reference : Bind Splunk to an IP

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

aojie654
Path Finder

Hi, renjith.nair:

It looks like I'd changed my management ip in configure files in web.conf and splunk-launch.conf

When I restarted the splunk, the following message showed in terminal:

The Splunk web interface is at http://192.168.3.191:8000

But if I goto forwarder management page, it showed like this:
Host Name Client Name Instance Name IP Address Actions Machine Type Deployed Apps Phone Home
aj-splunk-fd 0D7AEC97-217F-47AB-AB43-EC60C2D26A14 aj-splunk-fd 192.168.3.190 Delete Record linux-x86_64 4 deployed a few seconds ago

That's looks no use for this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...