Splunk Dev

How do I read logs from splunk>enterprise into my application?

raju4789

I have a user case to check how many new errors are logged into Splunk every day. I have to check with previous day logs and post only new logs. So , i want a way to read logs into my application.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

raju4789

Hi,
I know search query. I can directly go and type splunk>enterprise and get results. I want to do above from an application (say written in node js) to call splunk with search query and get the results.

Thanks

0 Karma

tomawest
Path Finder

This may seem a bit too simplistic however I would run a search across two days along the lines of

search log-level=error | stats count as "totalerrors" by errorType| search totalerrors = 1

0 Karma

raju4789

search log-level=error | stats count as "totalerrors" by errorType| search totalerrors = 1

I want to query above using my application (say node js) and get results as if I am going to splunk>enterprise site and typing it. Is it possible?

Does splunk provide API to get search query results from another application?

If yes , how?

Thanks tomawest

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...