Splunk Dev

Add an add-on command in splunk

lremember
Path Finder

I want to add a command to my add on, with the aim of passing the splunk spl query results to that command, and then processing it to return the data to splunk's statistical information.

there is my spl command:index="test" | stats count by asset | eval to_query=asset | fields to_query | compromiseBut the processing of requests in my command is synchronous, which consumes a lot of time

def stream(self, records):
    for record in records:
        logger.info(records)
        to_query = record.get("to_query")
        data = self.ti_compromise(to_query)
        logger.info(data)
        if data:
            res = deepcopy(record)
            if data[to_query]:
                for ioc in data[to_query]:
                    if not ioc["ioc"][2]:
                        ioc["ioc"][2] = " "
                    res.update({PREFIX + key: value for key, value in ioc.items()})
                    yield res
            else:
                res.update(EMPTY_RTN)
                yield res

The method of "self.ti_compromise(to_query)" is to request other interfaces.

Can I modify the above method to concurrent processing on Splunk? If possible, which plan would be better。
Also, can the statistical information of Splunk receive list types, such as:

[
{
"alert_name": "aaaaaaaaaaaa",
"campaign": "",
"confidence": "",
"current_status": "",
},
{
"alert_name": "bbbbbbbbbbbb",
"campaign": "",
"confidence": "",
"current_status": "",

}

]

0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You may find our documentation on custom search commands helpful: https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/devtools/customsearchcommands/

This topic includes some useful information on building different types of custom search commands as well as links to examples.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Synchronous processing is the norm for a streaming command.  Perhaps you want a reporting command.  See the bottom of https://docs.splunk.com/DocumentationStatic/PythonSDK/1.7.4/index.html for command types.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...