Security

Splunk Cloud Free Trial: certificate verify failed (self signed certificate in certificate chain) error message

afsku
Engager

Hi,

I am evaluating Splunk Cloud (Free Trial for now) and running into the problem while submitting logs to HEC:

SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (self signed certificate in certificate chain) (OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError)

This is a Ruby on Rails application configured to use HTTPS HEC endpoint and using a self-signed certificate.  Everything works normally when SSL verification mode set to none. The certificate is good since I could use it to establish an HTTPS connection to some other non-splunk endpoints. So I guess something on Splunk side rejecting self-signed certificates. Unfortunately, I cannot find any Splunk UI to manage this behavior, probably because it is a Free Trial. So my questions are: am I am missing some settings in UI? Or it is configurable in non Trial mode? Or it just requires a non-self-signed certificate?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...