Security

SAML Failed to parse issuer

keen
Loves-to-Learn Lots

We are running Splunk enterprise 8.2.4 and it has been working fine with SSO authentication until I updated the SSL certificate, the certificate that was updated is the one referenced in my web.conf and my web browser show the new certificate however it broke SSO

Please note the updated certificate is also used in authentication.conf by Saml (ClientCert) 

Error message below are seen on splunk _internal logs

ERROR UiSAML [66314 webui] - IDP failed to authenticate request. Status Message="" Status Code="Responder"

ERROR Saml [66314 webui] - Failed to parse issuer. Could not evaluate xpath expression /samlp:Response/samlp:Status/samlp:StatusMessage or no matching nodes found. No value found in SamlResponse for key=/samlp:Response/samlp:Status/samlp:StatusMessageCould not evaluate xpath expression /samlp:Response/samlp:Status/samlp:StatusDetail/Cause or no matching nodes found. No value found in SamlResponse for key=/samlp:Response/samlp:Status/samlp:StatusDetail/CauseCould not evaluate xpath expression //saml:Assertion/saml:Issuer or no matching nodes found. No value found in SamlResponse for key=//saml:Assertion/saml:Issuer

How can I fix the problem please?

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...