Security

How to enable SSL for splunk cloud with own self signed certificates?

priyadarshan123

I am using Splunk Cloud and I want to use curl without insecure connection for sending data via HEC , What is the process for that and what to do?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

poornimasai
Observer

Hi @PavelP,

I am facing certificate issue, while integrating SAP CPI with Slunk free trail account through HEC, How can i get own self signed certificate??

0 Karma

SNATAR4

I have the same problem with certificates in my CPI setup/

Were you able to fix this ?

//Senthil

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @priyadarshan123

use --cacert to point curl to the ca cert file

curl --cacert cert.pem https://cloud.address xxxxxx
0 Karma

priyadarshan123

Hi PavelP, How to get the cacert for splunk cloud?

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

@priyadarshan123

• where you run curl command (windows, linux, interactive or within a script?)?
  • do you get an insecure error message?
  • where are the "own self signed certificates"? - on the splunk side or on the client side?
0 Karma

priyadarshan123

Hi @PavelP, I run curl within a go program, I do not do client-side verification of the
certificates, but if I want to do then what are the steps to retrieve the certificates?

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

@priyadarshan123

if you want to verify the certificate of your splunk cloud instance with curl then follow these advices from the author of curl: https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2018/11/07/get-the-ca-cert-for-curl/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...