Security

How do i re-ingest data from a particular source?

sathiyasun
Explorer

I had a missing data from a certain date and time range. How would i re-ingest the data into splunk from a UF.

Below is the inputs.conf

[monitor:///app/java/servers/app/log/app.log.2023-11-12]
index = app_logs
ignoreOlderThan = 10d
disabled = false
sourcetype = javalogs

Its missing data from Nov-11 00:05 till Nov-12 13:00 so how would i just reinject the data only for that certain data/time period.

It just one log file for a day although we have some events so how would i regest only the missing data for the time period and please let me know the config.

sathiyasun_1-1700066977105.png

sathiyasun_0-1700066609304.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A common way to re-ingest data is by using the splunk add oneshot command.  Splunk will re-ingest everything in the file, however, without regard to events that were previously indexed.  To ingest only missing events, I would copy the file and remove the events that you don't want to read in again.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...