Security

Error starting splunkweb after ks installation

joakers

I have a problem, iwe tryed to get splunk to install together with some other programs from a ks script at the same time as you install the OP but every time i get:

Starting splunk server demon (splunkd)... Done. Starting splunkweb... /opt/splunk/share/cert/ does not exist. Will create Generating certs for splunkweb server Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key

...........++++++

.......................+++++++

writing new private key to 'privatekeySecure.pem'

Signature ok subject=/CN=localhost.localdomain/0=SplunkUser Getting CA Private Key writing RSA key Timed out waiting for splunkweb to start. FAILED

If i instead install the OP first and then use the same rpm as i use in the ks script the installation works just fine.

Splunk part of ks script: rpm --force -Uvh $INSTALLDIR/$INSTALLDIR/*.rpm (This is to install all rpms that i need) .......... .......... .......... service stop iptables (Kill firewall) /opt/splunk/bin/splunk start --accept-license --answer-yes /opt/splunk/bin/splunk enable boot-start service start iptables (start firewall)

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

bbialek
Path Finder

I was having Splunk time out after 'writing RSA key' when I was accepting the license by removing the ftr file. Instead, having the following in my init's start function works:

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk" start --accept-license --no-prompt --answer-yes

0 Karma

joakers

Never mind i solved the problem by changing places for the splunk startup in the ks script and instead of accepting the license in the start command i accept the license in the boot command

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...