Security

Can a user (non admin) save a global search

cmak
Contributor

Normally, only an admin can save a global search. However, is it possible for a user to save a "non private" search without the actions of an admin. I know that a user can save a search and the admin can make it global, but I would like it to become global immediately. I am assuming this may be done by adding an additional capability to the role "user". If not, I do not mind making a new role for everyone. This new role would be a normal user with the added ability to save searches,

Even better, is it possible for a user to save a search that only his "group" has access to? Maybe have a special role where a user (not an admin) can save a search and everyone in that role can view it?

0 Karma

cmak
Contributor
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...