Reporting

Why does "all-time" mean two different things in a report vs. a search?

nick405060
Motivator

Hi,

"All-time" in the search interface means "now and in the future". "Since" in the search interface means "since, up until now". I have always just accepted that "since" behaves weirdly in this way

Today I discovered that "all-time" to the report scheduler means "up until now". That is, it does not populate `dispatch.latest_time` in `savedsearches.conf`. To me it seems extremely dangerous to have two different meanings of "all time" in the search interface vs. the scheduler, especially because you might have all-time search in the search interface that then doesn't work as a savedsearch

What is the logic behind this?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

actually there are two different “all time”. First all time for normal search ( since now) and second one for real time search (to future). Of course the 2nd one needs that you have real time search capability. 
r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...