Reporting

Splunk Enterprise 7.03 Python SDK Pagination Help

pdibenedetto

Good Morning,

I am working with:

Splunk Version
Splunk Build
fa31da744b51

I have built my search and when I run it in the dashboard, I see all 360 results that I am expecting; however, when I execute my saved search via the Python SDK I only get 100 results back. I believe it is related to pagination, but cannot figure out the correct parameters to solve the problem. Here is what I am running:

import splunklib.client as client
service = client.connect(
host=HOST,
port=PORT,
username=USERNAME,
password=PASSWORD)

mysavedsearch = service.saved_searches[splunk_report]

# Run the saved search
            job = mysavedsearch.dispatch()
     for result in results.ResultsReader(job.results()):

. .........process the response.

I see reference to count in other posts but mostly when executing a search not a saved_search. Any advice on what parameter to use would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

damien_chillet
Builder

Hey,

Good news, the fix is very easy!
By default ResultsReader is limited to 100 raws, just add count=0 in job.results() arguments and you should get the whole thing!

for result in results.ResultsReader(job.results(count=0)):

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pdibenedetto

Thank you very much! That did the trick.

Pete

0 Karma

damien_chillet
Builder

Hey,

Good news, the fix is very easy!
By default ResultsReader is limited to 100 raws, just add count=0 in job.results() arguments and you should get the whole thing!

for result in results.ResultsReader(job.results(count=0)):
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...