Reporting

How do I create a Firewall Report with Both Destination IP and Destination Port?

jraquino
Engager

I would like to know how to create a Firewall Deny Report that looks like this.

alt text

Tags (2)

fwilmot
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey JR- one way to do that is to do a statistical count of destination ports and destination IPs that have been denied, then chart a sum by the destination ports and destination IPs as they apply.
sourcetype="firewall" action=deny | stats count by dst dst_port | chart sum(count) by dst dst_port. the fields will depend on your extracted fields, but give that a shot, it should do the trick.

lbogle
Contributor

Any idea on how to use the output of that report but limit the number of IP's to say 5-10 and list them along the bottom?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...