Reporting

Current time in SimData event attributes

praneshd
Engager

Using SimData to manufacture some artificial events into our Splunk world. However, SimData not allowing or provided any API which allows to set System date ( current date) to any attributes in event.

entity User {
    init {
        id = "bot-id";
    }
    every(spinOffPriquency m) {
        var sessionID = Guid();
        emit LogUserRequest {
                               instanceId: id
                             observationTime: <Current Time>;
        }
    }
}

Above example, I want to set observationTime to current system time. I don't see any method/api DLS (domain specific language) [page][1]

Some extent Template allows to set current time using {{_time}} but, this wont hit to template as an splunk event.

dponcelow_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a good point. Seems like we need a time function that takes a format and returns a string representation of the current simulation time. I'll try to get it into the next release.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...