#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

What are your Splunk t-shirt ideas?

landen99
Motivator

Please submit one Splunk t-shirt idea per answer. I am sure that there are a lot of awesome ideas out there. Try to be as clever, creative and short as possible.

Extra points for the ones which connect specific department groups with specific Splunk technologies. Please Up vote the ones you like most.

1 Solution

landen99
Motivator

NOC NOC. Who's there? IT'S I

View solution in original post

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

NOC / Enterprise Security team - Punk Rock and Splunk, makes my day!

0 Karma

mikekramer
Explorer

Splunk your data and be > avg()

0 Karma

mikekramer
Explorer

Splunk your data and party like it's 946684740

mikekramer
Explorer

Sales Teams - Splunk your data and |makeresults

0 Karma

mikekramer
Explorer

Solve Problems Learn Useful New Knowledge
So People Like Understanding Network KPIs
Solve Problems Less Uttering New Kurses

(or)

Solve
Problems
Learn
Useful
New
Knowledge

...you get the idea

0 Karma

landen99
Motivator

Smart People Love Understanding New Knowledge

0 Karma

mikekramer
Explorer

Big Ops problems are getting ITSI

0 Karma

felipesewaybric
Contributor

This is my 'All Time(real-time) minutes of fame'

0 Karma

mkramer317

UBA: C who UB

0 Karma

mkramer317

Security ESP: We provide ES, you provide the rest

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Attend >> Keynotes >> Learn
.conf18 | Splunk

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ask me ........ - Splunk>answers

0 Karma

felipesewaybric
Contributor

Splunk FTW

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

They already have one like this.

0 Karma

splnsuman
Explorer

@landen99 our company came up with this for our custom polos:) It's not exactly specific to any App as you asked, sorry.

Eat. Drink. Splunk. Repeat.

Bringing ROI and Customer Success obsessed for your Splunk Investments.

niketn
Legend

@splnsuman I think you would be aware of litigation by Broc Lesner (wrestler) on Ranveer Singh (Bollywood Actor) for using his copyrighted quote: Eat. Sleep. Conquer. Repeat.

https://www.news18.com/news/movies/ranveer-singh-gets-litigation-warning-from-wwe-wrestler-brock-les...

So be careful when you Copy, change a little, then make your own and publish 😉

landen99
Motivator

Sued for "Eat. Drink. Splunk. Repeat."? Surely you must be joking. That's not how copyright works. Even if you said "Eat. Drink. Conquer. Repeat.", surely you can't get sued for 4 consecutive words. They can threaten, and even sue but it doesn't mean they will win. It's like me trying to copyright "So be careful" and then threatening to sue anyone (like you) who ever uses that phrase or prints it on a shirt. Big nope.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Not for "Eat. Drink. Spunk. Repeat.", the litigation was for "Eat. Sleep. Dominate. Repeat.", which was on a similar lines. And I am not joking for this you can read the news link I had provided.
Maybe litigation was just with an intent for Broc to keep trending, but it did happen. I had just cautioned here as this seemed on similar lines. I am not the one with copyright or intent to sue so my intention was just to point the news out.
IMPO, While chatting or talking it would be fine to mold the quote. But if we have franchise out of it like t-shirt with quote then there may be a conflict. For example I start selling Tshirst "Nike... Just did i t"

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

In the USA (and probably most places), anybody can sue anybody else for just about anything. It is winning that is the tricky part and even after that, the trickiest part as collecting the judgement. It is kind of you to have such a concern, but it in this case it is exceedingly unlikely and any decent judge would throw it out upon request.

0 Karma

landen99
Motivator

Agreed. Our first amendment protections are very strong in the United States. I'm not a lawyer, but I have seen many cases where the first amendment prevailed in commerce with very little deviation from a trademark. I would not expect a tshirt saying "Nike just did it" to infringe on the trademark. Imagine if we couldn't say "just did it" on any merchandise. Everything would be protected and virtually nothing could be printed on merchanidise in that world.

0 Karma

landen99
Motivator

I'll cast a SPL on you.

On the back:
And now() your mine.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...