#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Splunk language mode for syntax highlighting for codemirror (Slack, PasteBin, etc)

chadbaldwin

This is a bit of a long shot, but I was curious to get the community's input.

Today, I realized that both Slack and PasteBin use "codemirror" to handle their web code editor / syntax highlighting.

With PasteBin, I had to examine the page source to confirm. With Slack, you can confirm it here:
https://slack.com/libs/webapp

I figured I would submit a feature request to codemirror to see if they could add a "language mode" for Splunk. However, my issue was immediately closed with the response that codemirror does not implement new language modes, and it would be better implemented via a separate package.

So I guess someone will have to create and maintain a language mode for codemirror for others to use if they want SPL support.

Unfortunately, I do not have the experience to do this. But looking around, it appears GraphQL built their own codemirror language code package...so I was thinking...even if it's a long shot, maybe I can send the idea to Splunk and see what happens.

Where would be the appropriate place to send this suggestion in to Splunk to see if that's something they'd be interested in implementing? I tried checking the ideas submission, but there are no categories where this idea would fit.

I think it would be awesome if one day we could have Splunk syntax highlighting support in Slack (and also PasteBin, but there's a lot less people using that lol).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...