Other Usage

What does this add-on do

ldongradi_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, it's unclear from the app description about what this app allows for.

Is it helping for radius configuration for splunk authentication ?

Or is it for monitoring any radius server logs, even if you don't use it within splunk ?

0 Karma

ldongradi_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Darn ! I clicked on Ask a question button here : https://community.splunk.com/t5/c-oqeym24965/Radius+Technical+Add-on/pd-p/4547 and it removed the info about the app.
I thought it would've been sent to the developer ....

Ok, so the add-on is RADIUS Technology Add-On developed by some Brian Daniel Potter

The only info splunkbase has about it (and I'm surprised it was published with just that) is: 

I built this radius TA against a very large dataset that was geographically diverse, with different software (freeradius, radiusd, etc), different versions, etc. This should work for most *nix *Radius implementations. If you have data that fails to parse with this add-on please send me a note and a sample log and I will expand the add-on scope.

My understanding would then be it's supposed to monitor some radius configs ... but really it's not explicit.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Which add-on are you talking about?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...