Monitoring Splunk

cannot see all splunk servers using rest

Skins
Path Finder

Trying to get a list of all servers - i have a 3 tiered solution SH, IDX, HF

| rest splunk_server=* /services/server/status/resource-usage/hostwide

Only shows the SH and IDX

If i run the cmd locally on the HF i get the expected output.

Why is this ? is it possible to configure the SH to know there is a HF ?

gratizi

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Skins
Path Finder

this is a test env - prod has a standalone MC - so in this instance with MC on the only SH i can add the HF as a peer ?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Put this dashboard on your Monitoring Console, where it is perfectly appropriate to peer with HFs. DO NOT peer your HFs to your regular Search Head!

0 Karma

Skins
Path Finder

gratzi,

I was looking to build a dashboard of resource usage accross tiers - so was using the rest method - but if i can't use that across all tiers - i don't really want to add it it as a search peer ?

what would be recommendation ?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You'd need to add those HF as search peers to the instance where you're running your REST query from (which I assume would be your SH).

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Why do you want your SH to know there is a HF? Do you mean SH or Master Console?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...