Monitoring Splunk

Troubleshooting Stanza entry not found for data-type 'time-specifier error

daniel333
Builder

All, 

I am seeing the following error on my Splunk server in the logs and I have not been able to figure out what it means? 

"11-17-2020 17:40:55.204 -0800 WARN SearchAssistant - recurseSyntax: Stanza entry not found for data-type 'time-specifier'"

Any idea what it's referring to? What config? 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

justinssi
Engager

Well it seems that it's an issue in Splunk 8.0.x.  SPL-170987.

I don't see it listed in Splunk 8.1 or higher so maybe it's fixed there (it's not listed in the fixed section though).

justinssi
Engager

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm noticing this on one of my test instances too.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...