Monitoring Splunk

Monitoring Console: Error in display Replication Factor

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi at all,

I found that the information in my Monitoring Console (Splunk version 9.1.1) about Replication Factor is wrong, is there anyone that experienced the same thing:

in [Monitoring Console > Overview of Splunk Enterprise 9.1.1] is displayed Replication Factor = 3

gcusello_0-1699530587744.png

but I configured Replication Factor =2 (it's a multisite, so origin=1, total=2).

Is it maybe the Search Head Cluster Replication Factor (that's 3) or simply a displ?

Thank you for your advice.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Tags (1)
0 Karma

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My go-to fix for most issues with MC displaying incorrect info is to go to: MC app > Settings > General setup > Click apply changes. Then refresh and verify.

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @m_pham,

yes I tried but this information remains always the same

In addition I found that sometimes the vaues for te Search Heads are displayed as "N.A." and I notices that sometimes (not always), forcing Apply Configuration, some of the values in the Summary dashboard are dispayed, but not always and not all.

Splunk Support said to me that the second one it's a known bug that will be solved in 9.1.2.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...