Monitoring Splunk

DB Connect: Why am I getting error "Java Bridge Server is not running"?

boney_s
Explorer

I was working on SplunkDBconnect and all of a sudden i am getting the error Java Bridge server is not running.
I have searched in jBridge.log file and found the following error

ERROR Java process returned error code 1! Error: Initializing Splunk context... Environment: SplunkEnvironment{SPLUNK_HOME=C:\Program Files\Splunk,SPLUNK_DB=C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\lib\splunk} Configuring Log4j... [Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file. Exception in thread "main" com.splunk.config.SplunkConfigurationException: Error creating PersistentValueStore type xstream: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : Premature end of file.   at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createStoreInstance(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:119)     at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createStore(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:71)  at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createGlobalStore(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:51)    at com.splunk.env.SplunkContext.initialize(SplunkContext.java:108)  at com.splunk.bridge.JavaBridgeServer.main(JavaBridgeServer.java:34) Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : Premature end of file.  at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.DomDriver.createReader(DomDriver.java:105)   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.DomDriver.createReader(DomDriver.java:81)    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:904)   at com.splunk.persistence.impl.XStreamStore.loadState(XStreamStore.java:113)    at com.splunk.persistence.impl.XStreamStore.<init>(XStreamStore.java:49)    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)  at com.splunk.util.Utils$Reflection.instantiate(Utils.java:880)     at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createStoreInstance(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:117)     ... 4 more Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.     at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:347)  at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.DomDriver.createReader(DomDriver.java:98)    ... 14 more 
2014-11-13 13:14:06,858 ERROR Command output: None

Please help me guys. Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
1 Solution

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi,

It could be because of the corruption in state.xml config file,

To resolve this issue, remove $SPLUNK_DB/persistentstorage/dbx/global, recursively.

Check this Link for more info

Cheers!

Vasu

V

View solution in original post

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi,

It could be because of the corruption in state.xml config file,

To resolve this issue, remove $SPLUNK_DB/persistentstorage/dbx/global, recursively.

Check this Link for more info

Cheers!

Vasu

V

expab
Engager

Worked for me as well!

boney_s
Explorer

Thank you my friend. It worked.

delink
Communicator

I have the same issue with DBX, but this did not solve the issue.

0 Karma

boney_s
Explorer

I am not sure how can i help you. But what i did was, I uninstalled DBX, reinstalled it and then deleted those files recursively.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...