Knowledge Management

Splunk Auding for changes in macro

anilyelmar
Explorer

Can someone please help me here :I have a search giving me the details of users who modified macros
index=_internal method=POST sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access uri_path=/en-US/manager/search/admin/macros/my_*indexes | rex field=uri_path "\/en-US\/manager\/search\/admin\/macros\/(?<macro>.*)" |table _time host user macro
How can I add more details to it like what the current and previous definition for each of macro.

only what I can get the current definition is by

| rest /servicesNS/-/-/admin/macros splunk_server=local |search title=<macro>

So my current version of search is below and I am looking the way how I can add the previousDefinition of macro before it was edited .

index=_internal method=POST sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access uri_path=/en-US/manager/search/admin/macros/my_*indexes | rex field=uri_path "\/en-US\/manager\/search\/admin\/macros\/(?<title>.*)" | join type=left title [ | rest /servicesNS/-/-/admin/macros splunk_server=local]|rename definition as currentDef |table _time host user title currentDef

Tags (1)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

In splunk thre are no such auditing functionality which will provide you previous macro configuration and current macro configuration Or difference between them. Please submit ER (Enhacement Request) with Splunk.

For future config changes you may try this app https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3295/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...