Knowledge Management

Re-arranging Apps menu in Splunk 9.2.x

DaClyde
Contributor

In previous versions of Splunk (at least up to 9.1.0), we could re-arrange the Apps menu by dragging the apps up or down in the Launcher app.  Now that Launcher seems to have been rebuilt with Dashboard Studio that capability is no longer present.  Is there a new way for users to re-arrange their Apps menu?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

anwarmmian
Explorer

Another option just for you only.
Just make your list under [general] in the user-prefs.conf
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<YOURNAME>/user-prefs/local/user-prefs.conf
[general]
appOrder = search,lookup_editor

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You can pin those to appear in top of list, but this is not the same as dragging those to the “correct” place.

DaClyde
Contributor

Now I notice that all of the apps that existed prior to the upgrade are all already pinned.   The only unpinned apps are the few we have added since then.  Presumably that means I can just unpin everything and the re-pin in the order I want.  

I miss the dragging.

DaClyde
Contributor

Correction, I need to re-pin them in reverse order, as the most recently pinned app goes to the top.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Maybe this is worth of own idea in ideas.splunk.com?
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...