Knowledge Management

How can I search for the sourcetype and their key value pair setup (Name/Value) for all indexes?

NanSplk01
Path Finder

I want to create a list per index of all the sourcetypes under it and the key value pairs set in the sourcetypes and I want to export this to a cvs file.

index=*

Name                                                                    Value

CHARSET                                                            UTF-8

MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD              23

etc:

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

And what's the use case? Because depending on your architecture you might not get what you want. Remember that there are search-time settings and index-time settings. And some index-time settings might even be configured in a place you don't have access to (if you have a HF in some external site, for example). Also remember that props can be defined on a per-source or per-host basis, not necessarily only per-sourcetype. So the overall picture might be much more complicated.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

If you just want all the attributes setup for all sourcetypes, give this a try

| rest /services/configs/conf-props | table title * | regex title="^[A-z0-9]" | untable title attribute value | rename title as sourcetype

If you want index name as well, try this less efficient option

| rest /services/configs/conf-props | table title * | regex title="^[A-z0-9]" | untable title attribute value | rename title as sourcetype | join type=left sourcetype [ |tstats count WHERE index=* by index sourcetype | table index sourcetype  ]
0 Karma

NanSplk01
Path Finder

The 1st suggestion works, but as you indicated there were no indexes.  I ran the 2nd and only received one or two indexes, the others were blank.  I will keep working on the first search and see what I might come up with.  Thank you for the start.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

In the 2nd search, the "tstats" command runs based of the selected time range, so if you want to see info for more index/sourcetypes, select a timerange for which that index/sourcetype will have data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...