Knowledge Management

Applying "FieldAlias" for specific type of event.

im_bharath
Path Finder

Hey All, 

I have the 3 types of events coming from the same source(see below) with different codes such as TS01, US03 and VS05 respectively, 

1) ABC:0|Application|ABCD|I2.0|TS01|Logging Change|Medium| eventId=4xxxx msg=The value ..... src_user=xyz, shost=abc.ad.com....... 

2) ABC:0|Application|ABCD|I2.0|US03|Logging Update|Medium| eventId=5xxxx msg=The value ..... src_user=xyz, shost=abc.ad.com

3) ABC:0|Application|ABCD|I2.0|VS05|Logging Revert|Medium| eventId=6xxxx msg=The value ..... src_user=xyz, shost=abc.ad.com

So, in the event(1) I want to rename the src_user as dest_user and shost as dhost without the same fields in the other 2 types of events. 

In the "Props.conf" I can add below, 

FIELDALIAS-src_host = src_host AS dest_host

FIELDALIAS-shost = shost AS dhost

but the issue is that if I use the above in props.conf the changes will get applied across all the event codes, so, my question is if there is a way to achieve this for only the specific code lets say, "TS01". 

Any help on this will be much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you use an EVAL instead of FIELDALIAS?  If so, and presuming the 'type' field exists then this may work for you.

EVAL-dest_host = if(type="TS01", src_host, dest_host)
EVAL-dhost = if(type="TS01", shost, dhost)
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...