Installation

Turn off Splunk Assist in search head cluster and heavy forwarders connected do deployment server

bitnapper
Path Finder

Hi, 

Splunk Assist is producing a lot of execution errors in my search head cluster and on my intermediate forwarder. Since the first is part of a cluster I thought of deploying the app.conf via shc-d but that would not be enough since do doku say one must execute ./splunk disable app splunk_assist. Similar for heavy forwarders connected to a deployment server. Sadly the splunk doku on Splunk Assist doesnt seem to care that clustered environments exists.

Kind Regards

th

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Disabling an app in the UI should disable it in all SHC member nodes.  To disable it on the HFs, set state=disabled in the [install] stanza of $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/deployment-apps/splunk_assist/local/app.conf and wait for the HFs to download the update.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...