Installation

How to calculate data ingestion from a specific Heavy Forwarder

pm2012
Explorer

Hi SMEs,

Hope you are doing great, i am curious to know how to check the daily data consumption (GB/Day) from a specific Heavy Forwarder using Splunk search when there are multiple HFs are there in the deployment. thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

pm2012
Explorer

Thanks for the valueable query, few points here

1- I am unable to locate my HF under h field (search from IP as well as hostname)

2- How can i put restriction on day basis, like to create bar chart having license consumption during the week

3- I have another way to look into it as i mainly would like to calculate data ingestion where index name having common starting name like index="test*" and i found a field which is idx to query the same. However how to add all the data and show it in graph

4- Also i think this is license in GB , | eval licenseGB =round(license/1024/1024/1024,3). Why did you rename it to TB?

0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pm2012 

you can use following query

index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" type=Usage h="<forwader name>"

| rename _time as Date

| eval Date=strftime(Date,"%b-%y")

| stats sum(b) as license by Date h

| eval licenseGB =round(license/1024/1024/1024,3)

| rename licenseGB as TB

0 Karma

andygerberkp
Explorer

Don't you mean

| rename licenseGB as GB

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...