Getting Data In

limits.conf is not present under /opt/splunk/etc/system/local

prateeksawhney
Explorer

Hi All,

I need your help urgently, I am facing issue with one of the forwarder as it keeps taking lots of space in /opt directory and due to which sometimes it stops running. Upon checking further I noticed that this directory is taking maximum space.

/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/fishbucket/splunk_private_db

On further investigation I came to know that if I do changes in limits.conf file I can limit size of this directory.
But unfortunately I cannot find this file limits.conf under /opt/splunk/etc/system/local. 

Please suggest what can I do about it. Any replies to this will be highly appreciated. Also please correct me if I am using a wrong approach here.

Thanks in advance.
Prateek
Labels (1)
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Hi @prateeksawhney,

You need to create new limits.conf file in  /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/. 
FYI: Default config files exist in /opt/splunk/etc/system/default/ but you should never edit these.

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...