Getting Data In

What is the equivilant method of Input lookup using Splunk 6.3 SDK Javascript API

theoborrero
Explorer

Hi ,

I am creating a new dashboard in html and javascript , I have not downloaded the Splunk 6.3 SDK JavaScript yet.

I have two question , how do I connect to my Splunk .csv files using Java script in Splunk 6.3?

Do I need to download the Splunk SDK JavaScript API library to accomplishd this Splunk 6.3 ?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Oh I see you want to perofrm input lookups from javascript.

Have you run through the custom viz tutorial http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEQ8 ?

There should be some info there.

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

@theoborreo don't forget if the answer was useful please "accept" by clicking the accept button next to "award points" above this comment

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Hi What do you mean by splunk .csv files?

0 Karma

theoborrero
Explorer

The excel csv files , where splunk stores field values in from saved searches in Splunk.
Example ; xvz.csv

Below is how we are currently pulling these index values from the .csv (using xml) but I would like to pull those same index fields from that same .csv file using javascript in Splunk

<param name="search"><![CDATA[

| inputlookup xvz.csv | fillnull value=* | fields Index, sourcetype, env, jvm_name]]>

1. dedup sourcetype | sort sourcetype dropBox 6
  2. sourcetype sourcetype sourcetype=$value$ Sourcetype
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...