Getting Data In

Using span option in timechart doesn't show any values

4uramana4u
Explorer

I am trying to get a time difference of two events and using timechart, I wants to display MAX(time difference value ) in a span of 30seconds;  Below query is working with table and I want to use timechart - Any help appreciated. 

index=express_its_pds_solsup_dce sourcetype="express:dce:shipmentlog" "EWPX - WCO: Begin saving"
| rex field=_raw "build.(?<SHIP_FILE>[\S+]*)"
| stats latest(_time) as begin_time by SHIP_FILE
| join SHIP_FILE
[ search index=express_its_pds_solsup_dce sourcetype="express:dce:shipmentlog" "EWPX - WCO: End"
| rex field=_raw "build.(?<SHIP_FILE>[\S+]*)"
| stats latest(_time) as end_time by SHIP_FILE ] | eval ship_throughput = end_time-begin_time

| table SHIP_FILE, ship_throughput

Labels (1)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@4uramana4u 

streamstats is the best option to find out difference between two events. Below is the sample working query. you can tailor it as per your needs.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd host="samplehost" component=StatusMgr 
| bin _time span=30s 
| stats count by  _time source
| streamstats range(_time) as delta window=2 global=f by source
| eventstats max(delta) as max_delta
————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

4uramana4u
Explorer

Thank you, solved.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...